Monday, June 20, 2011

First Day Blunder

It has been a long time since my last blog. I apologize for that. I've been so busy with work and Ryan. I like being busy with Ryan. I am no longer busy with work. I am pretty sure I was fired. Let me tell you how my first day went and why I think I was fired.

My first few days didn't really count because we were just remodeling the store. That was the easy part of my job. It was going well. I was bonding with the other employees. Especially the other two Brookes. I kept thinking, "Wow! This job is going to be great!" Then the first day I had to work after the remodel was here. I was so nervous. I spent all my time before going to work getting ready. I put on more make up than usual. I wore a dress that I had bought the day before and matching jewelry. I straightened my hair and put a ribbon in it. I looked so cute. Not to brag about myself. I'll put a picture up at the end of this post. I got to work and was still way nervous. There were already a couple of customers in the store. Luckily they were already being helped so I had time to try to collect myself before having to jump into work.

I have already mentioned how much I hate talking to strangers and how nervous I was for work in my past posts.

It came time for me to actually step up and do my job. A customer came into the store. I walked up to her and with all I could muster I said Hello. It came out in a tiny scared voice that was barely audible. I tried again. It came out a little louder. She said hello back. I asked how she was doing today. She was doing well. "Can I help you find anything?" "No I'm just browsing." "Let me know if I can help you find anything." BAD!!! You never say that to a customer. You ask them more questions. My manager came over and told me that. Next customer comes in. Same thing up until the "just browsing." "Well, are you looking for more tops or bottoms?" BETTER!!! "I'm just looking!" *Cowers in fear* Fail again. Then came the third customer. Same questions. "I just got a promotion at my job, so I'm looking for something professional." SCORE!!! I helped her find two outfits. The total came to a hundred dollars. Only $150 to go to reach my goal of the day. The next hour didn't go too well. It went  just like the first few customers. I was sent home an hour early with the words "This is your warning. Next time you come to work, you need to do better or you won't be working here anymore." I went home sad and scared. Picked up Ryan still sad. I went through the rest of the week freaking out about my job and worrying that I would get fired. On Wednesday I got a call from Beans and Brews about an interview. I think I rocked it. I got a call for a second interview that same day. I should find out by tomorrow If I got the job. On Saturday I called Vanity to find out what my schedule was. I am no longer on the schedule. What do you guys think? Do you think that means that I don't have the job anymore? I think it does. Well. I just hope I got the job at Beans and Brews.

Here's the picture I promised you. See how cute I was. And I took this picture at like ten or eleven at night. I looked much cuter earlier that day.



UPDATE: I lost that job.... Currently searching for a new one. 

No comments: