Sunday, April 8, 2012

One in a Million

"You're pregnant." When I heard these words three months ago, I could barely believe it. There's no way that I could be pregnant, I thought. I was on the IUD. That in an of itself is supposed to prevent pregnancy. Plus my boyfriend always pulled out. We literally had a one in a million chance to get pregnant. We should have been playing the lottery instead of having sex. We would have had much better results. The worst part was that my twenty first birthday was coming up in a month. Now I'm never going to be able to drink, I thought.
Here I am, sixteen weeks into my pregnancy and I can still barely believe it. Even with the ultrasound from week seven and hearing the heartbeat two weeks ago. It still doesn't make sense. Although I guess it does explain the nausea, vomiting, fatigue, super huge and tender breasts, and the rampant emotions. My poor boyfriend has had to put up with so much these past few months. I'm surprised he hasn't ripped my head off yet. He hasn't even turned twenty yet, I'm the person he lost his virginity to, and now he's going to have a baby. Though, lucky him, he doesn't have to push it through his gains in about six months. Nope. That'll be me. I'll be the one screaming at the top of my lungs in absolute agony while he stands there and lets me squeeze the life out of his hand. He'll also have to deal with me cursing him for putting me in that situation, but that is a small price to pay for not having to give birth to a huge as baby. Something that big is not meant to come out of something that small. It doesn't seem fair, but I guess there is no going back now.

No comments: