Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dreams?

I had a dream last night. In fact, I have dreams most nights. But this particular dream left me very confused.

Dream:
I was at the mall with my family. So far totally normal. I don't know where my sisters were at the beginning of this dream, but who really cares. I was at one of the food places with my mom trying to figure out what we wanted to eat. Apparently this was our favorite food place to go to. They had quite a variety, mostly hot dog products. (It might have been trying to be Weinerschnitzel. I've never been there in real life.) We knew there menu very thoroughly but we we were having difficulty deciding what we wanted. My mom wasn't sure if she wanted pizza or something else. She was really craving tacos though. I was having trouble deciding between chicken tenders, mini corn dogs, and a giant pig in a blanket. I do not understand why I was having trouble making this decision. It is a very obvious answer: Giant Pig in a Blanket. Duh! First of all, I don't even like corn dogs. In fact, I absolutely hate them. I don't know why. When I had to eat them as a kid, I would tear off the breading and give it to my sister because she liked it. Second of all, you can get chicken tenders any time you want anywhere. These were not particularly good looking or special chicken tenders and they were definitely NOT shaped like dinosaurs. That would have changed everything. Third of all, I haven't had a pig in a blanket since I was a very little child. And they were the mini kind. Who would ever turn down a GIANT Pig in a Blanket? What was dream me thinking?!

My mom really wants a taco so she finally asks the lady if they have them even though she knows that they do not. The lady (who is actually more like a girl. She's probably only 19.) tells my mom that they do not have them but that Taco Time just two windows down does. My mom says "Fuck Taco Time." Actually, she says "I don't like it." and almost starts to cry. My mom does not cry in public. Ever! Anyway. The girl-lady leans in super close to my mom and tells her that they actually do make tacos. They started doing this a few months ago because they get a lot of customers that come in really late all high and they don't understand that a hot dog place does not serve tacos and that the taco place is closed, so no they cannot have one. (I don't know why apparently all stoners just want tacos, but it made perfect sense.) She told my mom that they would make her one.

This is when I walked away from my mom to go find my sister. When I finally found her, she looked like herself mixed with my friend that has super long hair. I thought this was perfectly acceptable. For some reason she decided to shave her hair. My mom freaked out. "ALL OF IT?!" No mom, she is just using an elevctric shaver as scissors and is only cutting her hair to choulders. No really. This is exactly what she did. Then I went missing for awhile I guess because when I found my mom and sister, my mom was freaking out about how her hair was lopsided. I couldn't tell. My sister had her hair in a weird ponytail. I was confused. Then I looked closely and all of a sudden it was obvious. One side of her hair still went down to her boobs, the other side only to her shoulder. So she took her hair out of the ponytail so that I could do that pulling her hair in my hands thing to see if it really was off. I kept coming to the conclusion that her hair really was lopsided. But I was doing that thing where one hand is following slower. My sister pointed this out. So I fixed it out. Her hair was perfectly fine. She hadn't even gotten it cut.

Then we sat down to eat. Both my sisters and my mom had their food. I still had nothing. They all had pasta for some reason. What happened to my mom's taco? In the dream I totally thought that the noodles on my mom's plate was a taco. I told my mom that I still hadn't gotten anything. She said that she would take me somewhere else because the things I wanted were better at this other place. Then I started to cry and tell her that I was so hungry and it wasn't fair that I couldn't eat and they all got to stuff their faces now. So my sister looked me square in the eye and swirled her entire plate of pasta onto her fork and put it in her mouth. "There! I'm done." My mom and other sister did the exact same thing. Now I felt bad. I eat slow and now I was going to feel the need to stuff the whole thing in my mouth when I got my food so that they wouldn't have to wait for me. Then I would choke and die and they would be sorry for putting this kind of pressure on me.

That is where the dream ended. I woke up because I had the extreme need to pee. I never did go to the bathroom last night after that post. Anyway. That is my dream.

No comments: